Thursday, April 16, 2009

Connections


At the end of 2007 I was honored and privileged to be a part of a short term mission team in Skopje, Macedonia. We helped our Partner church in Skopje produce a Christmas concert in a 700 seat public meeting hall there. I fell in love with the people and would really love to go back some day! Two of those people are a young married couple, Zivko & Stephanie Barbatov who were performers in the concert. They have been living in Croatia to further their studies for some months now.

About two weeks ago Zivko posted on Facebook that he was going to Bosnia and I commented that I was too! Then he said that he was going to preach at Bernard's church in Capljina! After reading this, I thought it would be so cool if I could see my Macedonian friends while I am serving the people of Bosnia but it was not meant to be. They went back to Croatia yesterday afternoon.

Many of my support letters were sent via snail mail but I sent several through Cyberspace to folks I've served with in different areas of ministry since the early days of North Point Community Church. One person was Steve James who has also been to Bosnia several times on mission trips and for business. I served with Steve in the Starting Point Ministry a few years back.

Our trip is called "Bosnia Connections" and I've discovered that I already have quite a few connections before I've even physically touched the Country. I can't wait to get there and hug these wonderful people whom I've been hearing so much about over these last few months!

The photo is of the Capljina Church taken by Stephanie & Zivko while they were there just a few days ago celebrating a "second honeymoon". We hit the air in two and a half days; we'll land in Frankfurt and spend a few hours there before we board our Air Croatia flight for Split, Croatia and then we'll get to Capljina via automobile.

Last night we had a send off party thrown for us by Bonnie & Deb, members of previous Bosnia short term mission teams and it was wonderful! We were able to meet some of our team's supporters and we were prayed for and shared communion. It was the perfect thing to do before we head out into the land. Thank you Loyal Blog Followers for being on our team from wherever you are. We are connected, we are Family, The Family of the Mighty God we serve...

Tracy Anne

1 comment:

  1. Hey Team! I've been thinking about you guys and praying for you.

    Miss you Leland! :) I'm holding down the fort; or should I say, "cave".

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete