Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just in the Nick of Time

Upon entering the blog this morning I discovered that the team only needs $800.00 more dollars to reach the $20,000.00 required for us to take this trip and I am in awe of our God. I am confident that we will reach our monetary goal and beyond what we need by the April 15th deadline. Many of us were discouraged last week because we were all having a difficult time raising funds due to circumstances beyond our control. I have however been 100% positive that the Lord would bring in ALL of the money we need just in the nick of time. You see, when we went on that retreat, the retreat where the lens cap was "lost" and we completed the "Spiritual Gifts" exercise I discovered that my strongest gift currently is FAITH. What an incredibly cool gift to have!

Last Fall when I read about the "April Bosnia-Herzegovina Connections" trip I knew I was "supposed" to go so I turned in my application and went about the daily business of living life, serving an awesome God! Before Christmas I received word that I had indeed been chosen to be a part of the team and a few days later found out that my dear friend Colleen had also been selected for the team! Yay, not only do I get to go to Eastern Europe and serve the Lord but I get to share the experience with a very dear friend which just makes the whole experience that much more special!

When I went to Macedonia at the end of 2007 and prepared to send my support letters, the words just flowed easily from the Lord, to my brain and into the trusty Macintosh. Even though the support process is a bit intimidating I got the letters done and out plenty early and the dollars rolled in and I had all my funding well before the due date. For some reason the letter writing this time around was a whole different ball of wax! When I sat down in front of the Mac to write my letters on 5 or 6 different occasions the words just would not come. I prayed and prayed about this and had the letters "written in my mind" for months but when I sat down to get them knocked out nothing came and I was beginning to get a little frustrated. At the end of February I decided to put the letters on the back burner and just not worry about them.

The dollars were coming in regardless! People who knew about my trip were giving me support checks and donating online and pledging to give in spite of my writer's block. By the time I was finally able to write and send my letters at the end of March (we leave April 19 so that's cutting it close) I'd already raised two thirds of the $2,500.00 needed without any letters. Within four days of sending my letters I am just a couple hundred shy and am confident that the money will be here days before it needs to be. You see, I'm "supposed" to go on this trip...

We leave in 16 days and the eight of us North Point Ministries folks and our Bosnian National Team Members truly covet your prayers now and during our time there. Thank you in advance for being part of our team, there is tremendous power in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment