Tuesday, April 14, 2009

TRANSFORMATION


I’ve been a bit of a recluse for the past week or two. Some may call it moody. But after much activity, I often need to withdraw. For some reason, lately it’s been more intense. Following a steady flow of outward preparation for our trip, I believe this has been a time to draw inward and ready my heart and mind. I look forward to these times of reflection, processing and contemplation. It is a time of renewal for me, a time to draw nearer to our Lord and Savior. And, what a better time than during the Lenten season, a time when we all are reminded of the most glorious events of sacrifice, grace and forgiveness, resurrection, transformation and renewal on which our entire Christian faith rests. I have draped myself in this truth in anticipation of what we are all about to do, and I seem so small. I am humbled. Like a caterpillar in cocoon, I feel as if I have returned to a familiar place. Back to the chrysalis, resting in Him, reconnecting, remaining, transforming. Only five days left until we depart by air for Frankfurt, Croatia, then by car to Bosnia. Today, I am breaking through the private dressing room my Lord has spun for me, and with unveiled face, I have turned toward Him. With new life, invigorated, I will begin the tasks of leaving. Like the butterfly, I launch into a flurry of movements, hustle and bustle, packing and cooking, running and driving, all the while joyful, excited, ready – ready to proclaim God boldly, express my love for Jesus lavishly – for I/we have been given new life! The old has gone away. The veil has been removed. Let us share the good news!
Happy Easter everyone!
In Christ,
Kathy
“But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.” 2 Cor 3:16

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE butterflies! I am getting more and more excited by the minute. We are so blessed and priveledged to be able to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to meet you all last night. I'll be praying for your trip. Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no better place than the cocoon. You are a master of words, Kathy! :)

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you and with Mike and Zack. May G-d bless this trip, all those that are on it and provide you all with the opportunities that you desire. I pray that he will hold all of you in the palm of His hands and deliver you all safely back home again when the work is done.

    Love you Kathy!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete